Temporary Park Cafe Assistant
We are seeking to recruit two full-time (40hrs per week) Temporary Park Café Assistants. The Park Café Assistants will be required from 3rd June – 30th August 2019 to help with our summer outreach programme in St. John’s Park on the Isle of Dogs, a culturally and ethnically diverse part of London.
The Park Café is located in the middle of a children’s park and is a space where the Christian gospel is demonstrated through building relationships with local communities. The Park Café menu reflects the area’s diversity, including serving halal food. Fifty percent of the role will be working in the Café. The remainder of the role involves assisting with the programme of community activities, building relationships and sharing the gospel in an informal way.
The people appointed should be able to work alone in the park when required.
• Serve the public politely and cheerfully
• Prepare food and drink
• Adhere to LCM health and safety policies and maintain hygiene standards in the cafe i.e. tidiness and cleanliness in food preparation, and personally
• Check and maintain the stock levels in the storeroom and be aware of expiry dates
• Be able to cash up the daily takings, go to the bank and assist with the Park Café accounts
They will be assisting our Missionaries with the following activities;
• Door to door evangelism
• Youth and Kids club
• Home visits
• Arts & crafts
• Games in the park
• Attend and participate in morning bible devotionals and prayer meetings
• Administer relief to disheartened people who come visit the Park Café whilst being willing to share your personal faith in Jesus to people
• Utilise the bible and/or prayer to address issues that customers may experience
• Carry out other duties which contribute to the smooth running of the Café and the Summer Programme
There is an Occupational Requirement that the people appointed are evangelical Christians.
Salary: £21,216.00 pro rata
This is a temporary appointment (June - August 2019) (40hrs per week)
For more information please contact the HR Department on
020 7407 7585, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org