Statement of faith and conduct
As Evangelical Christians we accept the following doctrines which we regard as crucial to the understanding of the faith, and which should issue in mutual love, practical Christian service and evangelistic concern:
1) The revelation of the triune God given in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments and the historic faith of the Gospel therein set forth.
2) The sovereignty and grace of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
3) The divine inspiration of the Holy Scripture and its consequent entire trustworthiness, clarity and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
4) The universal sinfulness and guilt of fallen man, making him subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
5) The substitutionary sacrifice of the incarnate Son of God as the sole and all-sufficient ground of redemption from the guilt and power of sin, and from its eternal consequences.
6) The justification of the sinner solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
7) The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God the Holy Spirit.
8) The priesthood of all believers, who form the universal Church, the Body of which Christ is the Head and which is committed by His command to the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world.
9) The calling of all Christian people to a life of holiness and prayer according to the Holy Scripture.
10) The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory.