Commercial Property Manager
Would you love to use your commercial property management skills to grow gospel impact in London? Perhaps you didn’t think that combining property management and your love of Jesus would be possible?
We are looking for a Property Manager to look after our portfolio of commercial properties during a time of change and transformation. Some of these properties are used by London City Mission, and some are let out on commercial tenancies. Many will soon be redeveloped, guided by our in-house development team and supported by you.
London City Mission, together with churches in London, shares the gospel in word and action with those on the margins. Because London needs Jesus.
We have over 100 missionaries and support staff on the ground across London, serving the needs of the local church and reaching people unlikely to hear the transformative message of the gospel.
- You are a property manager with a heart for the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- You are seeking a way to use your God-given skills for his glory. You take joy in managing commercial properties efficiently and according to your Christian beliefs. You have a heart to help the least reached in London, so that they hear the good news of Jesus.
- You have experience in commercial property management, including successfully ending and negotiating new leases, managing business rates and database management. You are efficient, well-organised and enjoy being part of a team. You have a heart to serve those around you.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You are able to work on your own initiative, think creatively and act with the utmost integrity.
About the Role
- You will have an opportunity to use your skills to optimise our income and manage our commercial estate with excellence and professionalism, in line with Charities Act requirements.
- You will be part of a team of nine in the Estates Department, serving the needs of the London City Mission as we work to get the best from the assets that God has entrusted us with.
- You will work closely with the Estates Manager and in-house development team to manage tenancies in line with our budgeted income needs and development plans. These development plans are in line with the vision and goals of London City Mission to ensure our properties are used to glorify God. You will give timely advice on landlord and tenant matters. You will work with our ministries department to set up an efficient framework for managing other users of our buildings, including hiring agreements.
- You will always guard the reputation of the London City Mission and follow biblical principles in your work.
- You must be willing to share the story of your journey to faith, and to lead and participate in prayer meetings.
The Commercial Property Manager role is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated property professional to make a significant difference in enabling LCM to share the gospel with more people.
There is an occupational requirement that the person appointed be an evangelical Christian.
London City Mission is committed to interviewing all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and consider them on their abilities.
Salary: £28,076 - £31,584 per annum depending on experience
This is a full-time (40 hours per week – including breaks), permanent appointment. Flexible or working part-time will be considered.
For more information please contact the HR Department on 020 7407 7585, or by email to: email@example.com
Closing date: 12pm on Friday 19th April 2019