LATEST UPDATE!!! Matched Giving scheme extended to Monday 18th 5pm
Between 11-18 June every donation you make to LCM through the Summer Give will be DOUBLED!
We are raising funds through the Summer Give to support our work with the least reached on the Isle of Dogs.
What is the Summer Give? The Summer Give is an online match funding scheme, run by the Big Give and the Childhood Trust, which enables individuals to double their donations to charities made through the Summer Give website between Monday 11 and Friday 15 June. During this week we are hoping to raise £10,000 online. This will be matched pound for pound by the generous sponsors, helping us to raise £20,000 for our Summer Programme at the Isle of Dogs. So your donations will make DOUBLE THE IMPACT!
If you can, please go to the Summer Give website and make a gift there and have it doubled! Thank you!
Where will your money go?
All donations made to us through the Summer Give in June will help to fund our vital work with children and the local community on the Isle of Dogs.
In 2006, London City Mission helped to transform a disused building at the centre of the local St John’s Park so that it could be used by the whole community. Prior to this, the park was frequented by gangs and drug users. For over ten years we have run activities for the community, helping to reduce isolation and crime and share the love of God with thousands of people. Through this project we will also be providing nutritional food to children - some children from poorer families are known to go without meals during school holidays.
Your gift will help to support activities such as:
• Crafts for children: over the summer, children can take part in organised crafts activities.
• Football coaching: over fifty children participated in the football programme last year.
• Youth Training Workshops: aimed at 10-18-year-olds, these workshops develop employment skills, and include training in first aid, food hygiene, small business development, and health and safety.
• Babies in the Park: organised activities in the park for babies and toddlers to bring parents together.
• Park Cafe: this is a pop-up cafe, open Monday to Friday for three months in the summer. Having a presence in the park cafe helps to reduce crime rates, creating a safe place for residents to interact and for our staff to build friendships with people.
These activities are helping us to bring God’s love and hope to an area where over 40% of households live in poverty and many people live in isolation.