Thank you Iain!
After 10 years of great editorial work, our Changing London editor, Iain MacDonald, has decided to take a well-earned break! He took the magazine from an A4 version to an A5, from old branding to new. Quietly and faithfully, he's interviewed, recorded, organised, documented, edited, and proofread the work of our missionaries and workers to help our readers understand what we're about and inform their prayers and support.
Thank you, Iain, for all you've done behind the scenes to get the word out! If you'd like to thank Iain personally, please email email@example.com. Additionally, feel free to let us know what you'd like to see more of in the coming issues!
Doorway to the world
Have a read of our summer edition, jam-packed with stats and stories about our work, taking you on a journey through our ministries to east London, home to the most deprived and diverse boroughs of our capital.
We partner with groups like Ambassadors Football to engage with fathers, we run community lunches and drop-ins to engage with the unemployed and those struggling with mental health and addiction issues. We run Christian-Muslim discussion groups to engage with Muslims, and offer training to churches wanting to reach their Muslim neighbours.
Here is a selection of specific articles and pieces to get stuck into...
- Hear from Ali Gaspar, rap artist and LCM worker, about what life is like on a tough estate and how Jesus changed his worldview
- Learn top tips to share the gospel across cultural barriers
- Look at an infographic map of our ministries in needy boroughs
- Find out more about how to get trained in urban mission
- Listen to fourteen-year-old Adam share how he came to know Jesus and how much he loves the staff at Bethel, our centre in Dagenham
Sign up to receive Changing London through the post or read online here.